Fresh Strawberry Tart
- 1 baked pastry crust, recipe below
- 2 tblsp strawberry jam or jelly
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 container of Cool Whip
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
Prepare the crust per the recipe below. Heat the strawberry jam in the microwave for 20 seconds until it is pourable. Brush onto the crust. Mix the pudding according to the directions on the box. Fold in the Cool Whip and the lemon extract. Pour and spread the pudding mixture into the cooled tart crust and top with fresh strawberries. Allow to chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Cream the butter and the sugar. Beat in the egg and salt. Slowly add the flour until the mixture forms a ball. Flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes. Roll or press into a tart dish or pie plate. Butter and flour the bottom of your pie plate to ensure the crust doesn’t stick when you are serving it. Prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.