Monday, August 30, 2010

Bread Recipe/Calzone

Bread Recipe (I use this for my calzones, french bread and pizza. You can use it for homemade buns and stuff too). You do have to have a bosch or Blendtec type mixer for this dough to turn out

10 1/2 cups flour
1 T salt
4 T oil or 3 quarter size drops of lethicin
1/2 cup sugar
3 rounded T. Yeast (I only use the Saf yeast found at like Macey's or Kohlers)
4 Cups Hot tap water

Mix all dry ingredients together then add the Oil/lethicin and water. Mix for one minute and then feel the dough to decide if it is too sticky or if you need to add water. (Sometimes depending on the weather I have to add a little more flour and sometimes a little more water. You just want the flour to pull away from the sides of the bowl). Anyway, mix another 5 minutes til it is all mixed well. Form into Bread loaves and let rise for 20 minutes and then bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Makes 4 loaves

So if you are doing calzones then I usually will make two loaves of bread and then set the rest aside til I am ready to make the calzones. So I roll out a ball of dough to a large oval depending on the size of calzone you make. I always make huge ones for the adults and little ones for the kids. Then on one half but about a 1/2 inch from the edges I put some Pizza sauce and then whatever toppings that you want all cut up then fold over and seal with pressing edges together with a fork and brush the top with olive oil garlic and italian seasoning ( I like to use the pampered chef one) and bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes til they are golden brown.

No comments: