Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crepes

I love crepes and this is by far one of my favorite recipes. I have this awesome crepe pan that my Mom bought me years ago and it definitely makes it super easy. If you don't know what a crepe maker is then go HERE Of course they are discontinued but I am sure there is someplace that has something similiar. Anyway here is the recipe I use. We love to stuff them with strawberries and whip cream, homemade jam or syrup and powdered sugar.

Crepes
3 eggs
1/2 c. water
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. milk
3 T. Butter
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine eggs, milk, water and butter in mixing bowl. Beat until combined. Add flour and salt. Beat until smooth. Refrigerate batter 1 hour (I never do this step). Drop desired amount in preheated pan and tilt pan around til it is coated. If crepe has holes add a drop or two of batter. Cook until edges are lightly browned and top is dry. Loosen edges with spatula and tip pan over and crepe should fall right out. If necessary loosen the center of the crepe to help ease it off.

ENJOY

No comments: