Sunday, April 10, 2011

Marinated Shredded Ham

With Easter coming up I thought I would finally post this. I had made it for Christmas Eve dinner and it was a huge hit. I was a little worried and ended up doing a second ham just to be safe. Well safe turned into massive leftovers. The baked ham didn't even get touched. This doesn't sound all that great but honestly it is so tasty. Great for Easter dinner, Christmas dinner or just cause you want ham.

Marinated Shredded Ham
Buy a bone in ham (whatever is on sale, shank or butt portion. I bought the cheapest I could find)

Marinate:
1 bottle of italian dressing
1 T ground mustard
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. molasses

Marinate in triple layer plastic bags for 3 days. Put ham in crock pot and pour the marinate over the top then bake in crock pot until it falls apart. About 10-12 hours.
*Depending on the size of the ham you may have to cover crock pot with foil for the first 6 hours or so until you can pull out bone and so the lid will fit on.

No comments: